I first found HypnoBirthing® in 2008 when I was pregnant with my firstborn. Up until then, I thought nothing about medical intervention in birth, and believed wholeheartedly that a laboring mother should take any medication offered to help her manage her pain. Had anyone told me I would have not just one, or two – but four – unmedicated births (two of them being home births), I probably would have laughed. Then one night my husband and I watched Ricki Lake’s documentary, The Business of Being Born, and my way of thinking about pregnancy and birth completely changed.
HypnoBirthing, to me, is more about parents taking control over their birthing process than anything else. It treats birthing as a beautiful, natural process that very rarely requires medical intervention. It involves using visualization and deep relaxation techniques to help manage discomfort in labor. It removes the veil of fear and misconception that have consumed popular thought about birthing.
Is HypnoBirthing for you?
- Do you want a safer, easier, gentler and even comfortable birthing experience?
- Are you nervous or afraid to give birth?
- Do you want a natural birthing, free from medications or interventions?
- Do you want to be in control of your birth experience?
- Do you want your husband or birth partner to fully share and participate in your birthing experience?
- Do you want to understand what happens with your body and your baby during the entire birthing process?
If you have answered yes to ANY of the above questions, then HypnoBirthing is probably for you!
The HypnoBirthing Advantage
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
- Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labor, leaving mother fresh, awake, and with energy for actual birthing.
- Eliminates risk or hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby, and birthing companion.
- Fosters more rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience as Nature intended.