I am available to lead individual and group private classes. Each session is personalized based on your needs or goals. Sessions are held in your home or office, or at a peaceful outdoor location. A studio may also be booked for an additional fee. Single sessions and packages are available.
Prenatal yoga helps ease pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum stage. Through four beautiful HypnoBirths of my own, which were greatly enhanced through yoga, I have first-hand experience in developing intuitive yoga sequences and modifying postures for pregnancy. Prenantal sessions may include:
- Deeply connect with your body and your baby, as well as bond with your birthing companion.
- Revitalize depleted energy levels
- Increase flexibility and muscle tone
- Childbirth preparation, postures and breathing techniques. It is especially helpful to share these sessions with your birthing companion.
- Reduce stress and ease common discomforts of pregnancy
- Enhance postpartum well being, including toning your body, bonding with your baby and managing postpartum depression
Yin Yoga: Deep Stretch & Flexibility
While I love a good workout, nothing nourishes me more than taking a time out and going within. Yin Yoga is something I intuitively practiced for many years, well before I ever even heard the term “Yin Yoga.” The practice involves holding select postures for longer periods of time, usually ranging from 1-5 minutes, but sometimes longer. The result is a gradual unfolding of the deeper connective tissues within the body, including the ligaments, bones and joints. It is a very meditative practice that aligns extremely well with HypnoBirthing® practice. Some of the benefits include:
- Increasing flexibility and mobility
- Calms, balances and centers the mind while reducing stress and anxiety
- Promotes and enhances meditation
- Opens up the body’s meridians, or channels of energy, similar to acupuncture, acupressure and Chinese medicine
- Promotes healthier joints
- Helps with chronic pain
- Releases fascia
- Enhances a yang style yoga practice
- Increases endurance and the power of the mind over the body
Posture Correction and Pain Management
Many of us live with some degree of chronic pain or discomfort. It tends to creep up on us after years of driving, sitting at desks, heavy lifting, repetitive movements, bad habits or sedentary lifestyles. It’s easy to become accustomed to everyday discomforts, as many of us simply dismiss them as “growing pains” or an inevitable part of getting older. What many people don’t realize is that a majority of everyday aches and pains can easily be alleviated through posture correction and yoga. I personally relieved myself of long term neck, shoulder, lower back and hip pain – accumulated after years of driving, car accidents, working at a computer, and carrying four babies – by practicing yoga. I specialize in guiding my students towards practical movements, stretches and simple lifestyle changes that lead to a pain-free lifestyle.
Vinyasa Flow: Strength and Conditioning for Body & Mind
Flow, sweat, dance, choreography, rhythm, art, sequencing, repetition, evolving change, quieting of the mind. All things I love about vinyasa. A style of yoga that uses movement and breathing techniques, my vinyasa classes weave postures together with the breath. My training involves a blend of Ashtanga and Anusara-inspired styles, along with gymnastics stretching and conditioning. My classes intuitively take students on a journey, exploring the edges of body and mind, often connecting the practice to a deeper life lesson. A fan of yin style yoga, I will often incorporate several deep, long holds for enhanced opening, flexibility and connection to Self. Classes are always catered to the level of my students, complete with modifications and extra challenges for mixed level classes.